Sunday, June 17, 2007

Sunday Sojourn

Waking up to the sounds of my parents tucking into their breakfast and discussing the news in the morning paper, I roused from my sleep, slowly. There was no rush, no need to moan about the absence of breakfast like I always do when I am in Jakarta. At home, there will always be a breakfast spread, a stocked refrigerator, nags of concern and plenty of love.

It is the second Sunday since coming home to Singapore after having spent more than 5 months in Jakarta, and I feel so loved, so safe... it almost feels like I can face the world with careless abandon. This is what having a family close by is all about. Even the little things like sitting in the car with my father driving, milling around in the kitchen when mummy is cooking or just waking Mal up in the morning... they mean so much.

Having just called Prince Charming, I was reminded about how much I miss Jakarta too. Well, him especially. The cute lith in his accent, the goofy laughter, the silly little things he says to crack me up... the little things. After I ended the conversation, I thought about the little things that I remember about the people that are in my life or have walked a part of my life with me at some point or another. I realised I remember them pretty darn well...

With time on my side, I have so much time to think, make resolutions (despite it being the middle of the year), forgive and forget, sleep (haha) and I have been thinking about the plans for my future too. Time flies, half a year in Jakarta and another year to go till the end of my stint. I guess it is never too early to think about what I want to do since most of my plans require a fair bit of research and groundwork before they can be successfully executed. There are so many things that I know I can do and I want to do. There are also so many things that I hope to do and like always, a little prayer... a little seeking and a little knowing, things will go the way they should.

This is what Sundays do to me. I feel that there is no point in excessive worrying about what lies ahead, instead, I just want to take a deep breath, sit back and simply enjoy the moments of my life. With the people I love.

People, life, time... transient...
Perhaps this is my Sunday evening retrospective moment... I get all fuzzy on Sundays. I rarely lose my temper, get annoyed or panic. Instead, I am calm, thoughtful and at peace. Reach out to me on a Sunday, it is the best time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home