Sunday, June 17, 2007

What I Miss About Jakarta

While waiting for dinner to be prepared... yes, another gorging session, I will now do up a list and I will be entirely honest. I do not lie on Sundays too.

MY TOP TEN LIST ABOUT WHAT I MISS MOST ABOUT JAKARTA

10) Watching Oprah Winfrey at 10am on Sunday morning
9) Scanning the 'What-to-do' section of the Jakarta Post
8) Having my laundry washed and ironed for me without any effort on my part
7) My bed (In terms of comfort and size, both beds in Jkt and Spore are held to a tie. But, I like the smell of my bed in Jkt that much more. )
6) Bonk. Smoke. Vice.
5) Trying to figure out what each pushcart by the road actually sells
4) Prince Charming
3) Friendly people (Gosh, I see more people smiling, making eye contact and people are generally more human in Jakarta.)
2) Traffic jams (Well, traffic jams when Prince Charming and I are stuck in it together. It is a good time to ask for favours or to cajole him to do basically ANYTHING. When stuck in a jam and with 80% of his brain focused on traffic... he says yes to anything.)
1) Cheap fruits

How innane. Next up, another list. Time is in my hands....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home