Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Shopper's Paradise

Shopping.

I have been conclusively consumed by clothes, bags and shoes. I can not get enough of the CBS. I even need an acronym for them.

That said, it is so satisfying to spend an entire day doing nothing but shop. Mal and I started the day with a hearty lunch for fuel and to strategise our assualt. We had to comb the most number of stores in 7 hours as we aimed to complete the divide and conquer plan by 7pm as we had to meet the parents for dinner.

The plan was to ambush our favourite stores first before the 'enemy' (other shoppers) invaded the territory. Since most of the stores only carried one piece for each style of clothing, we had to be there first, such is the devotion to our cult brands. We had to get our hands on them!

7 hours later, with only one pit-stop of 30 minutes to grab a drink and toilet-break... we were aching, our feet were sore (and still are) but... my oh my, the haul was testimony to our winning formula.

Shopping is often mistaken to be a frivolous activity for the female species. I beg to differ. There was so much bonding between Mal and me today. I am a predominantly solo-shopper, I hate to go shopping with anyone except Luke, Siyao, Mal and Mum. Luke for his exquisite taste and fashion forward sense... with an eye for details, Luke's taste, I trust blindfolded. Siyao for her unbashedly frank opinions that are more candid than anything else.. it is just fun listening to her criticisms, plus, we are always checking out the people around us more than the clothes. But, Mal and Mum... I love shopping with them. Mal is patient, and we never fail to spot great finds while Mum gives great fashion advice.

Today was especially fun because Mal and I kept trying more and more and more clothes and shoes... it was crazy! We looked ridiculous in some of them while some were downright outrageous. It was like playing dress-up! The total damage for the day.. dare I even elaborate.

More shoes, bags, clothes and accessories. I burst my quota. Too bad... I had fun!

Thans Mal for today! It was crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home